It’s finally Friday!
Here are the five stories you’ll want to know today:
- 0 in 8 Women are JLD: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, a true American treasure we cannot stand to lose, revealed she has breast cancer yesterday. She is confident in cancer treatment and has shared her gratitude for her support system and health insurance. We are sending positive vibes her way and thanking her for showing other celebrities how to do a classy public announcement. It was seriously flawless. See her announcement here.
- All Hail Queen B: Hurricane Maria was a B, but Beyonce sure isn’t. The singer/queen just released a new single to raise money for hurricane relief. The song is a remix of “Mi Gente” and offers the words: Lift up your people//From Texas, Puerto Rico//Dem Islands to Mexico… Beyonce announced all proceeds would go toward relief in Puerto Rico and other affected Caribbean islands. You can watch the music video here. And be sure to download it to help our fellow Americans in the islands! You know you would, anyway!
- Boo-ing Betsy: Education Secretary Betsy DeVos did not receive a warm welcome from Harvard students this week. When delivering an address about school choice, DeVos was met with protesters, even one with a sign that said “White Supremacist.” DeVos is sparking outrage after she revoked Obama’s legislature which taught colleges how to handle sexual assault cases last week. She said she wants to help both the accuser and the accused, which is why she got rid of the legislation. DeVos has never been a favorite among the education community, due to her lack of experience and the private schooling of her own children, but things have only gotten worse now. She’s in over her head.
- Messy Megyn: Megyn Kelly’s hour of The Today Show premiered this week, and to put it lightly, things are not going well. From an off-putting gay remark to the cast of Will and Grace to fumbling over her words, Kelly is not proving to be good at this format. Thursday, things only got worse as Kelly interviewed Jane Fonda who was there to promote her new film with Robert Redford. Having two Hollywood living legends on her stage should provide Kelly with enough admiration and material to stay on task… one would think… but, Kelly didn’t fail to make things super awkward. Instead of asking about the film, Kelly asked Fonda multiple questions about what work she had done, which plastic surgery procedures she liked, and her former fitness career. Fonda handled it like a queen, naturally. Watch the cringe-inducing conversation here.
- Konfirmation: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have finally confirmed they are expecting their third child via surrogate now. And that’s really all we have to say about that.
And, don’t forget your personal daily 5 checklist:
- Write down 3 things you’re: grateful for/accomplishing today.
- Drink 8 glasses of water for optimal energy, glowing skin, and easy digestion.
- Practice one mindfulness exercise. Here are six options. Choose what feels good!
- Do something kind for someone else- even a compliment counts! Here’s a list for inspiration.
- Stay woke by keeping up with the news. Our favorite news sources:
- Social Media: