There comes a time in every trend’s life when it’s time to say goodbye. For slang terms, people can hold onto already-dead words for far too long. Using outdated slang can make you sound tired, outdated, and even unintelligent. Without further ado or any (unnecessary) explanation, here are the words we all need to stop saying:
1. Lit (i.e. “Yo, those vans are lit.”)
2. Woke (i.e. “That new Kendrick track is woke.”)
3. Lol (i.e. “lol ya”)
4. OTP (i.e. “Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes are my OTP”)
5. SMH (i.e. “Did you see Katy Perry on SNL? SMH”)
6. Throwing Shade (i.e. “Was Lebron throwing shade at Kobe during that press conference?”)
7. ROFL (i.e. “That new season of ‘Kimmy Schmidt’ has me ROFL”)
What words would you add to this list?
We’d love to be friends! Join the Unteen Daily community by following us on our social media sites: Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram. You can also take advantage of our exclusive web content, from one-on-one study skill coaching (click here), to our self-development books for teens (click here), and blogging-for-teens tutorials (click here).